Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video Synonyms, part of Azure Search for Developers.
- [Instructor] Now that we've seen…how we can do create operations on an index…let's go ahead and add some synonyms to Azure search…and see how it handles it.…Before we proceed, I'd like to get rid of some of this code.…First we'd like to add a synonym map,…so we could say is accountsSynonyms…where accounts happens to be the index and then synonyms…will be added using the map.…
Now one thing you'll notice is that it wouldn't really work…and you wouldn't get any instances for it…and the reason is simple.…It's actually part of preview which is of the next version.…It doesn't exist in the current stable version,…so what you'll have to do is…go to view,…package manager console,…and say install package…microsoft.azure.search…and specify the version…and it's 4.0.0 dash preview.…
So once you have that you'll see…that this automatically resolves itself,…so we have a new synonym map.…We can give it any name we'd like…and I'm just going to give it a verb-less name to describe…what it does, so it's a city state synonym map…and then it's looking for a format…
- Querying and indexing
- Creating a search service
- Using APIs during searching
- Importing JSON data
- Handling synonyms
- Working with suggestors and facets
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Azure Mobile Serviceswith David Isbitski2h 17m Intermediate
1. Search Fundamentals
2. Azure Search
3. CRUD Operations
4. Advanced Search Functionality
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.