Join Sharon Bennett for an in-depth discussion in this video Stretching your Azure dollar, part of Microsoft Azure: Design and Implement App Service Apps.
- [Instructor] As we all know Azure is not free but there are ways you can stretch your Azure dollar. If you're following along with this course, use the less expensive or free tiers of the app's service plans. You'll want to disable or turn off any unused services that you may enable during this course such as Azure SQL Databases. You'll want to use locally redundant storage whenever possible. Geo-redundant storage costs almost two times the amount of locally redundant storage. And remember, Microsoft does not charge you to move data into the datacenter, but they do charge you to move data out.
You may want to look at other options such as OneDrive if you're moving large files out of Azure on a regular basis. As you can see, there are was to reduce your Azure spend. But, a word of warning. Just because your implementation is in Azure doesn't mean you can skimp on resources. To have a successful Azure experience include all the required resources into the project. Trust me, it will make the experience pleasant and much more likely to move ahead.
- Deploying Web Apps
- Creating App Service plans
- Deploying and moving apps
- Configuring app settings
- Managing Web Apps using PowerShell and CLI
- Configuring alerts
- Enabling diagnostic logs
- Retrieving and streaming logs
- Configuring Web Apps for scale and resilience