In this video, write code and explore running your ability to submit an audio file and have text returned for it.
- [Narrator] With our project set up,…now it's time to start writing some code…that allows us to convert speech to text.…Function convertSpeechToText,…and this will accept an input audio file.…So I'll say, fileName: string,…and this file will submit it…to the Bing Speech API endpoint,…and it will return back the text…that it thinks it heard in the file.…
Okay, how do you go about doing this?…Const requestOptions, so let's actually make this…a little bit bigger so it's a little bit easier to read.…Const requestOptions, I'll type requestOptions.…Actually, let's import that up here,…so we get the proper IntelliSense.…* as request from 'request'.…And here also request.CoreOptions.…That's the data type.…It's a good idea to specify this data type…because then we'll just avoid typos.…
So headers will be 'Content-Type'.…So you have to submit it in a particular format,…and the format is 'audio/wav; codec=audio/pcm;…samplerate=16000'.…'Transfer-Encoding' is 'chunked',…and the 'Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key'.…
This is our authentication mechanism that will be…
- Using the Translate Text API
- Getting supported languages
- Writing code to translate between languages
- Performing text to speech
- Setting up speech to text
- Writing code for speaker identification
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developers: 1 Visionwith Sahil Malik2h 35m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developerswith Sahil Malik1h 42m Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. Translation Text API
3. Bing Speech API
4. Speaker Recognition API
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.