Spatial sound is a way to make sound feel like it comes from a specific direction. Learn how to add it to your MR application and improve the user experience.
- The next thing which we want to talk about is…how to add sound to the application.…Actually, sound makes a huge difference in mixed reality…because you're placing the sound in space,…and using the space that you're in to create this effect,…that things sound like a dog over there is barking,…or a brick that falls on the ground,…you hear it over here, even if you can't see it.…You look around.…So how do you make that happen?…What's the trick to making sounds become spatial sounds…in a mixed reality environment?…- So, Unity is very powerful with its audio tools.…
We have access to a plugin called the MS HRTF Spatializer.…So when we use that, we're actually able to…place objects in the scene, attach an audio source to them,…and when that's playing, depending on where the camera is,…if your camera is the audio listener,…it can pick up, so the distance and that sort of thing,…as to how close and far away you are to that sound.…But also, as you said, like if that's behind you,…it will also appear to be projecting from that place.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.