Learn how to set up a simple scene using primitives and materials. Once you have done so you are then able to test it using your immersive headset.
- [Stefano] First of all, let's give a color,…a nice color to this plane.…I've got some materials that I've created here already.…Let's create a new one.…Create Material, I can name the material…Purple.…Once the material is selected here in the inspector,…you'll see that you can change its color.…
And then once you've changed the color,…you can just drag on top the plane. (laughs)…Now let's put…some more objects into the scene.…We can always do right click, 3D Object, Cube.…- [Neil] That's great, because as you're moving this around…on the right hand side on the panel on the right,…you can actually see on the left hand side…the panel which is the camera view.…
So as Stefano's moving these objects that he's adding,…you can see what the camera would see,…which is exactly what your headset would see…or what you'd see through your headset…when you build this app for mixed reality.…- [Stefano] Okay, so let's drag a few new colors…to these new objects.…Let's give that blue.…- [Neil] We need a sphere.…- Yes, there we go.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.