Learn some code for tracking and using the Microsoft Motion Controllers, so that you can implement their use in your own creations.
- [Instructor] So I guess the next thing…someone's gonna want to do is use the controllers.…- [Man] Yes.…- [Instructor] So, you know, let's do that.…- [Man] So the controllers, well, first of all,…let's learn them all.…As you can see here, I already have a script…that I've prepared previously but let's make a new one.…Let's go through the whole step and how we use…that code to get it to work.…So right now all we have this empty game…of Jack hosting the main camera.…
Now this empty, this camera pan is going…to also host the meshes that represent our hands.…So let's create the hands so for now…let's just do two speeds.…Create a sphere and call it left hand.…And I duplicate it.…And I call the cloud right hand.…
There we go.…Now, I select both of those and move them at the same level…of the main camera as child of the camera pairings.…- [Instructor] Alright, they live in that game object…that hosts the camera.…We also host the controller objects in there as well.…- [Man] Exactly, that's right.…If you have, for example, 3D models of your hands,…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.