Dive into Unity and learn what the camera is within an MR Unity scene, how to set it up, and how it influences the user perspective.
- So with all that fantastic information,…let's build our first MR application.…Let's go to Unity, let's cut to Stefano's screen,…and let's build for MR.…- Yes, so what I've just done, open Unity,…create a new project.…You encounter a very similar interface to the one I have.…I'm not gonna go into details about what each panel does.…Lots of it is very much self-explanatory.…
Let's start by putting a panel into the scene.…So as you can see, there is a (mumbles) panel…where you will see the objects…that are existing in the scene at the moment.…In this case, when you have a brand new scene,…you will have only a main camera and directional light.…What we're going to do now…is to right-click on the panel 3d Objects Plane,…and you'll see, there'll be a plane in the scene now.…
On the game panel is actually…what your camera is pointing at, is looking at,…so what we have to do now is to move the camera…so that it goes right on top of the plane.…If you double-click on an object,…you can zoom right onto it.…So as you can see, we moved the camera around,…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.