In this video, learn how to craft a basic Node.js project that lets us target the Bing Spell Check API functionality within Microsoft COG services.
- [Narrator] At this point, you should have registered an instance of Bing Spell Check v7 API in your Azure Portal, or otherwise. And you should have gotten an endpoint and access keys. Now, let's dive into code. So go ahead and close the Azure Portal, and go into Exercise Files, go to Chapter Two, and in the second folder grab the ending code. Because I don't want to repeat the old steps, so the basic process of setting up an Node.js project. We can probably borrow that from the speechAPI Project.
So go ahead and unzip this, and I choose to unzip that in a folder called spellcheck. Once you unzip it, you should see a folder file structure that looks a little bit like this. And go ahead and run npm install, or yarn install, and then you should see a node modules folder appear here as well. Once that is done, go ahead and open this in VS Code, and modify the config.ts file to include the endPoint and the keys that you just received from the Azure Portal for the Bing Spell Check API.
Now, go into index.ts, and all the code that you see here, go ahead and clear it out. We won't be needing this code in this particular demo. At this point, you're ready to start writing some code targeting the Bing Spell Check API.
- Exploring the possibilities of the Vision API
- Submitting an image to the Vision API for processing
- Asking the Vision API to recognize faces
- Working with the Speech API
- Writing speech-to-text code
- Working with the Language API
- Getting languages for translation
- Language Understanding (LUIS) concepts
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 2with Scott Peterson50m 17s Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Design Advanced Applicationswith Sharon Bennett1h 28m Intermediate
1. The Vision API
2. The Speech API
3. The Language API
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.