Since calling COG services is a matter of calling REST APIs, in this video, set up a debuggable Node.js project that is reused throughout this course.
- [Instructor] Calling a lot of functionality…in cognitive services is a matter of calling…REST APIs and you could do so from any major platform.…I've chosen to use nodeJS…because it is cross-platform and it is very simple.…So let me first get the nodeJS components out of the way…and explain what my dev machine looks like.…I am on a Windows 10 development VM.…You can follow along on any platform.…The exact steps I'm showing using nodeJS…work with very little minor modifications…on MacOS or Linux.…
For instance, I am using a shell called commander.…On Mac you can use terminal, oh-my-zsh,…or whatever you wish.…You can also use PowerShell on Windows.…Anyways, let's get started.…I already have nodeJS installed.…Let me show you the version I'm using.…And also let me show you the version of…node package manager I have installed.…If you follow along with something like Yarn…that is fine too.…Let's go ahead and create a directory called baseproject.…
The reason I'm doing this…is because I want to get this plumbing code…out of the way so I don't end up repeating myself…
- Text Analytics API
- Detecting language using text analytics
- Detecting key phrases and sentiment
- Bing Spell Check API
- Translator Text API
- Writing code for translating between languages
- Performing text-to-speech
- Language Understanding (LUIS)
- Writing code to create a LUIS app
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developerswith Sahil Malik1h 42m Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. Text Analytics API
3. Bing Spell Check API
4. Translator Text API
6. LUIS Authoring APIs
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.