Since calling COG services is a matter of calling REST APIs, in this video set up a debuggable Node.js project that can be reused throughout this course.
- [Instructor] Calling a lot of functionality…in cognitive services is a matter of calling…REST APIs and you can do so from any major platform.…I've chosen to use nodeJS…because it is cross-platform…and it is very simple.…Let me first get the nodeJS components out of the way…and explain what my dev machine looks like.…I am on a Windows 10 development VM.…You can follow along on any platform.…The exact steps I'm showing using nodeJS…work with very little minor modifications…on MacOS or Linux.…
For instance, I am using a shell called commander.…On Mac you can use terminal, oh-my-zsh,…or whatever you wish.…You can also use PowerShell on Windows.…Anyways, let's get started.…I already have nodeJS installed.…Let me show you the version I'm using.…And also let me show you the version of…node package manager I have installed.…If you follow along with something like Yarn…that is fine too.…Let's go ahead and create a directory called baseproject.…The reason I'm doing this…is because I want to get this plumbing code…out of the way so I don't end up repeating myself…
- Using the Translate Text API
- Getting supported languages
- Writing code to translate between languages
- Performing text to speech
- Setting up speech to text
- Writing code for speaker identification
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developers: 1 Visionwith Sahil Malik2h 35m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developerswith Sahil Malik1h 42m Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. Translation Text API
3. Bing Speech API
4. Speaker Recognition API
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.