Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video Searching API examples, part of Azure Search for Developers.
- [Instructor] Here are some examples…when we are searching an API.…So we can say /docs? and then the query string…is search equals whatever your search text is.…The next one could be search with a filter,…and in this case we're saying Austin,…which is a city in Texas,…and then we're saying filter the state…and state equals Texas.…So this is more like an old data way of searching things.…And number three is where we're also doing sorting, paging.…
At the same time we're also doing field selection.…So the first part is search, which is the same as Austin,…and then we have order by state,…because even though I'm searching for Austin,…I still want my data to be ordered by state.…I could have Austin in multiple states,…what if I have the same city in multiple states?…Or it doesn't even matter.…Technically, this search could be not just…for that particular field, which is city,…it could also be someone's first name or even last name.…Well the next one, you can see is ordering by state,…D-E-S-C, which means show me the states,…
- Querying and indexing
- Creating a search service
- Using APIs during searching
- Importing JSON data
- Handling synonyms
- Working with suggestors and facets
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Azure Mobile Serviceswith David Isbitski2h 17m Intermediate
1. Search Fundamentals
2. Azure Search
3. CRUD Operations
4. Advanced Search Functionality
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.