Scaling web apps is one of the amazing features you have available in App Service Web Apps. You can scale out and in web applications automatically by setting scale rules. In this video, discover how to implement scaling and what the best practices are when creating scaling rules.
- [Instructor] When it comes to scaling, … the first concept that we need to understand … is what is scale up and what is scale out, … so, scale up is when we just change the tier … of the virtual machine instance … that will support our workload, … for example in the App Service, … when we change to a Standard S1 to a Standard S2, … we increase the compute capacity, … but we still only have one instance. … Scale out, I increase the number … of virtual machine instances that my app service plan has, … for example I go there, … just increase from one to three instances. … Talking about scaling limitations, … because we can't scale to the infinite for sure … and there are limits that we need to understand … because they are per App Service plan tier. … If we go for the Basic, we can only run … up to three instances, the max number of instances is three, … and this is only using manual scaling, … so there is no autoscaling available … in the Basic App Service plan. … If we go to Standard, we get autoscaling …
This course is an ideal deep dive for Azure admins and DevOps professionals wishing to understand more about how to use Azure App Service—as well as anyone wishing to advance their App Service skills in preparation for the AZ-103 Azure Admin exam.
- Azure App Service plans
- Overview of Azure Logic Apps and Functions
- Creating a web app in Azure
- Scaling web apps
- Running containers
- Managing App Service traffic and more
- Deploying Azure web apps
- Protecting your apps
- Authenticating users
- Backing up and monitoring App Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure Administration: Manage Identitieswith Sharon Bennett1h 15m Intermediate
What you should know1m 36s
1. Introduction to Azure App Service
2. Azure Web Apps
3. Managing App Service
5. Security and Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.