Following up from the previous video, use the Unity Profiler to examine the impact your changes in the code made to the application frame rate.
- Okay, so I've moved back over to Unity.…And actually I'm just gonna close the profiler very quickly,…I'm gonna choose all of my cubes…I would have seen prior.…They're all running that test script.…I'm gonna turn that off on all of them…and turn on test script two.…Now, you can tell that I've got all of them selected here…because all of their names are obviously different.…I'm being given this little strike thing here,…just shows me that there's different values here for name.…
So, it's just worth noting as I'm doing this…so you're aware that I've got all…of these things at the same time.…As you can see, so they're now on test script two…and they've all got that parent.…So if we start running this,…I'm going to open the profiler to begin with this time,…the profiler's already on, I'm gonna run that.…And so, if I just minimize that just a little bit,…you can see it's still got the same behavior…in the background there,…and I know it looks like it just spiked,…but if we actually check this profiler,…we're actually just below 100 frames per second now.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.