In order to use the Vision API, you need to register it first. Walk through the process of provisioning the Vision API in Azure.
- [Instructor] Using the Vision API,…or for that matter, any one of these Cog Services APIs…is a matter of going to this portal…and clicking on this button that says…Try Cog Services for free.…When you click on this button,…it'll ask you to go ahead…and create an API key for yourself,…and when you click on that button,…before you can create that key,…it'll ask you to log in using…one of many possible accounts,…like a Microsoft account, LinkedIn account,…GitHub account, so on, so forth.…
While that is certainly a very valid way…of trying things out,…let me show you a more enterprise-y way…of provisioning a key for yourself,…and that is via the Azure portal.…So I'm going to click this portal link here…and sign in to my Azure subscription.…Now the reason I'm showing you this approach…is because the free key can also be provisioned…via the Azure portal.…However, what you wish to be able to do…is that you want to be able to use a non-free tier.…
The reason for that is because the free tier…is usually limited or throttled down.…
- Exploring the possibilities of the Vision API
- Submitting an image to the Vision API for processing
- Asking the Vision API to recognize faces
- Working with the Speech API
- Writing speech-to-text code
- Working with the Language API
- Getting languages for translation
- Language Understanding (LUIS) concepts
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 2with Scott Peterson50m 17s Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Design Advanced Applicationswith Sharon Bennett1h 28m Intermediate
1. The Vision API
2. The Speech API
3. The Language API
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.