You've deployed the template and the resource was successfully created, but what if you want to launch more resources with the same template? In this video, learn how to edit an existing template in order to customize the outcome of the deployment.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you now … how to reuse the template that we used … in case we want to redeploy the same type of virtual machine … over and over again. … So I'm going to come up here … and go to the actual template itself. … and I'm going to highlight all of this … and after I highlight it, what I'm going to do … There we go. … I'm going to just right click and copy. … and from the Azure portal, … And from All Services, what I'm going to do … is I'm going to add a favorite. … And this favorite is Templates. … And here's the templates. … and it's going to show up in favorites. … And then I'll show you another little trick here. … We can actually move this up. … And I'm going to move it up right above Virtual Machines. … I'm going to click on Templates, and if, you notice, … we don't have any templates. … I'm going to click okay. … So I'm going to click on okay. … I'm going to click on Add … and it's stored inside of our portal. … So we just need to click on here when we make a new VM …
- Customizing the Azure portal
- Creating and deploying resources
- Using the Azure CLI
- Deploying and configuring resources with the CLI
- Deploying and configuring resources with PowerShell
- Deploying resources with JSON templates