Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video Read, part of NoSQL Development with DocumentDB in Azure.
- [Instructor] So now that we have…the Create functionality working,…we need MVC to be able to talk to DocumentDb.…And then get the value of the record…that we just created…and other lists of products, if they exist.…So the first thing I need to do…is come in here and give it an action name.…Index, and then can work this over…to an async function.…And if it is async, it has to be a task of ActionResult…and then come in here and really call the respository…and get the products.…
When I say await repository dot…GetItemsAsync.…For now, I'm going to look for every single ID…that's not nul,…so keep in mind, that's a string.…So I'm looking for any ID that is not nul for now.…This is now what you should use in production.…So since we have very little records,…it's completely okay to do this.…And when I have the product,…I need to send the products over as a model.…Now, this will compile,…and we can do Control Shift B…and see that it compiles.…However, this is really not going to run,…and the reason is simple:…we never implemented this matter.…
- Back-end scaling fundamentals
- Fallacies of distributed computing
- Consistency models
- Data migration
- DocumentDB with .NET and Node.js
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Backend Scaling Fundamentals
2. Get Started with DocumentDB
3. DocumentDB with .NET
4. DocumentDB with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.