Next, we add logic in our project to read a file from the disk, in our case an image. Learn how this needs to be in the proper format for the Vision API to accept.
- [Instructor] So with our basic project written…now let's go ahead and start writing custom logic.…Logic that allows me to make a request…to the Vision API, read a file from the file system,…authenticate, and get the results back.…Let's see how.…So the only file that I'm interested…in here is the index.ts.…So let me close everything else…and focus only on index.ts.…And I'd like you to remember that there is a file here…called config.tx where we have the endPoint and key.…
We will find that very useful shortly…but for now let's focus on index.ts.…So at a very high level, I'm going to need a function…call readImage which will go to the file system…and it will read an image from the file system…and provide it to me as a buffer.…So I'm going to go ahead and import…* as fs from the fs object, which is part of Node.js…And I'm also going to import Buffer,…which is also part of node Node.js, excellent.…
Next here I'm going to say const fileData…is fs.readFile, let's just go with Sync,…we're trying to keep things simple here…
- Exploring the possibilities of the Vision API
- Submitting an image to the Vision API for processing
- Asking the Vision API to recognize faces
- Working with the Speech API
- Writing speech-to-text code
- Working with the Language API
- Getting languages for translation
- Language Understanding (LUIS) concepts
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 2with Scott Peterson50m 17s Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Design Advanced Applicationswith Sharon Bennett1h 28m Intermediate
1. The Vision API
2. The Speech API
3. The Language API
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.