Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Provisioning SQL Azure, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] So we've created our VM,…where we've got our application running.…We've deployed the code out here.…Go out and I can browse to the home page.…I can go to contact page.…When I go to something that deals with data though,…when I try to click on here to sign…into the guestbook, hello world,…and I then click on create.…Then I get an error and the reason why…is that I haven't created some place to store the data.…
So what I need to do is provision…a data story for my application.…In order to make that work, what we can do in Azure is…we have a couple of different choices.…One is we can use SQL Azure, which is the SQL database…where the database is served up as a service,…but it's likely that we already have a database on premises…that we're already using for our application,…so we want to be able to provision…and run this inside of the VM running inside of Azure.…We can create that by clicking on create new,…and then going down to where the databases are,…and then we can provision a SQL Server 2017 machine.…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage