Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Provision a VM in Azure portal, continued, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] Now we've got our availability set to find,…we've got the VM machine size chosen.…Now we're looking at how do we want this machine…to be configured,…what kinds of things do we want to do with this.…This is where we can add additional things…that get added onto the machine after it gets deployed.…I can add an extension to this using the Octopus Deploy,…if that's what I wanted to use.…I could do PowerShell Desired State Configuration,…where I have a script that I want to run on the machine…when I get done.…I could have a Custom Script Extension.…
But there's a number of things that come out of the gallery.…You'll find that these aren't all from Microsoft,…they're from all over,…and you can choose to install whatever configuration you use…to be able to add that functionality to your machine.…If you're using Windows Chef, you can do that.…But using the DSC, I could extend that,…let's actually do this with Azure Antimalware…to scan our machines after we get it created.…Click on Create.…
Then I can specify what files and locations I want to skip,…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage