In order to use the Speech API, you need to register it first. In this video, walk through the process of provisioning the Speech API in Azure.
- [Instructor] Now with our basic project structure set up,…it's time to write some code.…And, just like the vision API…and, for that matter, anyone of these cog services APIs,…well you have to provision yourself access…to these services.…The services are hosted by Microsoft,…but you need to get a key so you can call them.…So, we saw Vision API.…You saw how that was done.…Similarly, you can go to the Speech API…and it tells you the various possibilities in here.…I won't be able to show each one of these,…but you get the idea.…
All of you know this is an introductory course,…so you'll get the idea of how to be able to use this API.…So, you can click this try cog services for free button.…That's one way of doing it.…Go to speech and get API key.…While that'll certainly work for deaf purposes,…the keys that you'll get from here are throttled,…so I'm going to show you a more enterprise way…of doing this which is through the Azure portal.…Now, as I mentioned earlier that the vision API…and the speech API, and, for that matter, all of these APIs,…
- Exploring the possibilities of the Vision API
- Submitting an image to the Vision API for processing
- Asking the Vision API to recognize faces
- Working with the Speech API
- Writing speech-to-text code
- Working with the Language API
- Getting languages for translation
- Language Understanding (LUIS) concepts
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 2with Scott Peterson50m 17s Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Design Advanced Applicationswith Sharon Bennett1h 28m Intermediate
1. The Vision API
2. The Speech API
3. The Language API
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.