In today's world, configuring SSL for custom domains is a must-have feature. All applications should communicate using HTTPS and not just HTTP. In this video, learn how to configure SSL certificates for Azure App Services.
- [Instructor] So now we need to configure SSL settings for our web app. I already configured a custom domain, so if we go to custom domains you can see that I already have here the www.azcontoso.com, so our web app is responding already to this custom domain. But as you can see here it says not secured because we don't have any SSL binding over this custom domain. So we need to add the binding. So we have a shortcut in here. You can also do this in a portal here on the left if you see the menu you have the TLS/SSL settings. But this is just a good shortcut. So I'm just going to click there, add a binding, and now I need to select a custom domain because of course I can have more than one custom domain in the same web app. And I can just say hey, import an app service certificate because I already have an app service certificate in my address description. So I'll just say yeah this is the one, it is validating, just press okay, and now we just need to wait a little bit for this to do the bindings and there you go. Okay it is done. And now I just say it's a SNI SSL, I click add binding, of course I need to choose the certificate, add binding, and there you go. Okay, there you go, it's working. So now if we go to the browser and we search for https and then www.azcontoso.com you will see that it will respond and we will have a valid certificate. Also very good practice is if you go here you just say https only so that your web app will not respond under http. So if someone does http www.azcontoso.com it will be redirected to the corresponding https. So now let's go back to the browser and let's just check this in the browser. So I'm in here in the browser and if I do http and I'm just going to force the http okay, contoso.com, okay, you see that I've been redirected, okay, to the https which is exactly the behavior that we were expecting. So this is how you configure an SSL certificate on Azure web apps.
This course is an ideal deep dive for Azure admins and DevOps professionals wishing to understand more about how to use Azure App Service—as well as anyone wishing to advance their App Service skills in preparation for the AZ-103 Azure Admin exam.
- Azure App Service plans
- Overview of Azure Logic Apps and Functions
- Creating a web app in Azure
- Scaling web apps
- Running containers
- Managing App Service traffic and more
- Deploying Azure web apps
- Protecting your apps
- Authenticating users
- Backing up and monitoring App Service