Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video Precision vs. recall, part of Azure Search for Developers.
- [Instructor] Before we start with Azure Search,…I would like for you to walk through…some of the search fundamentals.…Information retrieval has been one of the most…fascinating topics when it comes to computer science,…and it adheres to a typical kind of vocabulary.…One of the first things I'd like to talk about…are precision versus recall.…Whenever we talk about any search engine,…precision is a very important aspect.…Precision means the fraction of retrieved instances…that are relevant.…
And recall is the fraction of relevant instances…that are retrieved.…I know it's kind of confusing.…Let's take an example.…Let's say we have a query,…and our query says I want to look for a company…which has a name Cazton.…And this looks like a point query…that we're going to make to a search engine.…Let's assume that we have the search engine…that's talking to a data store,…and the data store has total results that are 120,025…records for company 25.…
And the relevant results are only 25.…So we're left with 120,000 irrelevant results.…
- Querying and indexing
- Creating a search service
- Using APIs during searching
- Importing JSON data
- Handling synonyms
- Working with suggestors and facets
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Azure Mobile Serviceswith David Isbitski2h 17m Intermediate
1. Search Fundamentals
2. Azure Search
3. CRUD Operations
4. Advanced Search Functionality
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.