In this video, write code and see the process of submitting text and getting an MP3 file returned as speech.
- [Instructor] Now once you get the languages…that the translate text API supports for speaking,…let's go ahead and commend that out.…Now let's actually write a function that will speak text…in whatever language you ask.…Function speak text, input text…as string and input language as string.…So again, as before, let's get the request options…and craft the parameters const params, text shall be,…let's put this in quotes,…not necessary, but it's clean coding.…
Input text, what language are we working in.…Input language, format,…so what format would we like the output in?…I will say audio MP3.…Now let's craft up a URI to make a get request to.…Const URI equals config.speech.translatetextAPI.endpoint…plus speak querystring.stringify these params…that we just created a moment ago.…
Let's put this on a new line…so it's a little bit more readable.…Like that.…Now, I simply do a request.get to that URI…with the request options.…Now here is where things get slightly different.…I can't just write this outward on console…because it's an MP3 file, so I'll need to play this file,…
- Using the Translate Text API
- Getting supported languages
- Writing code to translate between languages
- Performing text to speech
- Setting up speech to text
- Writing code for speaker identification
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developers: 1 Visionwith Sahil Malik2h 35m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developerswith Sahil Malik1h 42m Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. Translation Text API
3. Bing Speech API
4. Speaker Recognition API
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.