Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video Partitioning, part of NoSQL Development with DocumentDB in Azure.
- [Voiceover] When DocumentDB stores documents,…it distributes them evenly among partitions…based on the partition key value.…The throughput is also distributed evenly…among the available partitions,…that is throughput per partition…which equals total throughput per collection…divided by the number of partitions.…In order to achieve the full throughput of the collection…you must use a partition key.…That allows you to evenly distribute requests…among a number of distinct partition key.…DocumentDB supports the creation of both a single partition…as well as a partition collection.…
A partition collection can span multiple partitions…and support vary large amount of storage and throughput.…You must specify a partition key for the collection though…and a single partition collection has a lower price option…and it also has ability to query and perform transactions…across all colleciton data.…They have the scalability and storage limits…of a single partition.…You do not have to specify a partition key…for these collections.…
- Back-end scaling fundamentals
- Fallacies of distributed computing
- Consistency models
- Data migration
- DocumentDB with .NET and Node.js
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Backend Scaling Fundamentals
2. Get Started with DocumentDB
3. DocumentDB with .NET
4. DocumentDB with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.