Apply further improvement to your scene by tweaking lighting and shadow settings.
- Okay, so that's fantastic.…We've talked about materials.…We've talked about how to use the frame debugger…to identify things.…We've done some batching.…What about all these lights that we've got here?…And how do we find out more about the cost of those lights?…And how do we optimize?…- Yep so in your scene,…you may need to have a whole bunch of lights…for whatever reason.…My biggest tip here, particularly for this scene,…is that we don't need them.…So I'll end up removing them,…but whilst we've got them here,…we're gonna go down through Window to Lighting…and the Light Explorer.…
And this is actually a way you can…sort of have a look at what lights are currently running…in your scene and what they're doing.…So we can see from these four, they're currently on,…cause there is another one here that's off…and it's not coming up in the Light Explorer.…So it's only showing those things.…They're the types.…So we've got one spot and three point lights.…These are, unfortunately, a lot more expensive…than a directional light as it's a pixel light.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.