Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Operationalize a VM, part 3, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] Now, let's take a look at auto shutdown.…One last thing that we want to do,…if I look at my demo VM,…is we have this thing called auto shutdown.…And what this is is this is another automation job…that I can go out and run…to automatically stop the service when I'm not using it.…I can turn it on and then schedule it for 7 p.m.…I can say I want this to run in whatever time zone…I happen to be in.…So if I'm in the Pacific time zone,…then I would go up to right there,…and then I can say, "Send a notification"…"before the auto shutdown"…"so that I have an option to stop it."…Put in my name.…
And then we can save it.…Some of the other pieces that are useful…when you're monitoring and operationalizing…is understanding how is it actually running?…And Performance Monitor provides a lot of depth into…how a machine is running.…And historically, developers and operation people have used…Perf Mon to dive in deep…to see if there's a memory leak or something like that.…With metrics, we can get to that level of stuff…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage