Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Operationalize a VM, part 2, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] So now that we understand…the availability sets, let's take a look…at the other features that are part…of this operationalization.…We're going to look at the RG demo,…where we've got our DemoVM.…On the left hand side,…we've gone through some of the settings.…We've looked at our availability set, to the extensions.…Now we're looking down at the operational things.…And here we have auto shutdown, we have backup,…update and recovery.…We have inventory and change tracking.…
For instance in this case, on this particular VM,…I can go out, and I can configure and enable a backup.…The way we do that, is by going out and saying,…"I want to have a backup of this virtual machine…running to somewhere."…So I'm going to send it to a recovery services vault.…This is going to be where the backup copies…of the machine are actually captured into.…I created one already, called, "My Vault,"…but I could create a new one.…And then I can specify what's the frequency.…In this case, I've got a default policy,…but I can create a new policy,…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage