Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Operationalize a VM, part 1, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] So let's take a look at…where we can get to the information about…managing these machines.…The resource group I was looking at,…I have a couple of VMs I've created.…The one who created from the portal, my demo VM.…I can go out and I can see that in here,…I've got the information about where it's sitting.…We looked at the networking, we looked at the disks,…how we could add more disks, we looked at size.…For instance, if I would need to change the size…of this machine, I could click on the size…and pick a different VM.…Maybe I need a larger VM so I can scale up.…But I can also scale up by using the availability set.…
And when I look at the availability set,…one of the things you'll find is that availability sets…are something that has to be configured…when you provision the virtual machine.…You have to recreate that virtual machine…to move it in or out of an availability set.…In this case, I have an availability set created,…and in here, I can see that I've got my demo VM…up and running.…I can go and take more information about those VMs…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage