Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Operationalization, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] When you're going to the cloud,…there's a number of different things that you need…to be taking into consideration.…Things like the availability of your solution,…scaling up to demand and scaling down when it's not there.…How do you monitor it, how do you alert,…how do you do inventory of what software's been deployed?…And, of course, one of the major things with IaaS is,…how do I do patching?…How do I do updates and make sure that all of the latest…software patches are applied?…All of those things are real important,…and when we're thinking about operational,…one of the things I like to refresh you on…is just knowing your 9s.…
Because sometimes you hear the phrase,…yeah, we've got five 9s on, this availability,…this service level agreement.…What does that actually mean?…Well, if you look at five 9s, that means you have…five minutes of downtime per year.…If you have four 9s, that's one hour, which is actually…56 total minutes, which is just under an hour,…but as you get more 9s, you have more and more…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage