In this video, get an introduction to normal maps and bump maps.
- Okay, so let's talk about normal maps and bump maps.…- Yes.…- And I guess the first thing to do is…explain what are bump maps.…- So bump maps are a way of creating…the illusion of more detail on an object…without modeling it and creating more polygons.…- [Man] Okay cool, so it's kind of a trick that…designers can use on 3D models to make…it look like there's more polygons than…there actually are.…
- [Woman] Exactly.…- [Man] And so how does that work?…How do you do that?…- [Woman] So a bump map creates a gray scale…image texture that you apply to your object.…Basically white areas on that map mean that…it'll give the illusion that the mesh is…rising a little bit, and black will mean…that it's sinking down.…Anything that's gray is basically not going to…be touched by the bump map.…- [Man] Okay cool, so here's a couple of examples…of bump maps that you could apply to the side…of what's a very low polygon model…to make it look like it's got…a lot more detail to it.…
Okay.…So what about normal maps?…- [Woman] So normal maps are very similar to bump maps…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.