There are many ways to implement movement mechanics in MR applications. Explore them in this video.
- In this episode, we're going to look at…how to move around in your MR world.…So, there's multiple ways…that you might want to think about moving in an MR world.…You could use the joystick, for example,…on the controllers.…You could teleport between locations.…You could teleport in a kind of freeform way,…where you could teleport anywhere.…Or maybe there's fixed locations you teleport to.…So why would you pick one over the other?…What's the advantage of different types of movement…in different scenarios?…- Yeah, you might want to change the way you move around,…really depending on what you want the final user to do…in the sense that the less complicated way, the better.…
You don't want to give complete freedom of movement.…If you really want the user to move…from one position to another, in particular,…then you will set the sort of beacons, like we call them,…to move from one to the other.…Or you may want the user to move…in a limited amount of space.…You may feel more comfortable…having the user moving in space…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.