Nested templates allow us to introduce modularization, reduce errors, and development time. We take a look at how to use these templates in your code.
- [Instructor] As our code base grows, it's natural … to want to use components and minimize errors. … A key design principle in software development … is to create modularized code, so it makes sense … that we would want to do the same … for our IaC solutions, as well. … Let's discuss the options we have for our tools. … Terraform provides us with modules … which can be reused as part of the configurations we create. … ARM templates include nested and linked templates. … If we remember, ARM templates are JSON-based. … Let's go through the elements. … The structure of a template file begins … by specifying the schema, which targets … a resource group or a subscription deployment. … Content version is required … and specifies the template version. … API version is useful when deploying … templates in multiple environments. … This allows the resource provider … to ensure resources have the correct APIs. … Parameters and variables are similar to any language. … Functions are user-defined functions that we choose to run. …
AuthorGurinder Singh Mann
- Developing an infrastructure strategy
- Managing technical debt
- Managing Amazon Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Deploying applications on AKS
- Scaling your Kubernetes clusters
- Implementing infrastructure as code
- Deploying Azure resources via Terraform
- Implementing security and compliance
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure for DevOps: Dependency Managementwith Gurinder Singh Mann47m 5s Intermediate
Who is this course for?1m 4s
1. Infrastructure and Configuration Management
2. Manage Kubernetes Service
3. Implementing Infrastructure as Code
4. Implement Security and Compliance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.