Cloud computing enables new models of solution architecture compared with traditional hosted VMs, and new models can cost less than the old models. In this video, learn about using alternative styles of computing.
- [Instructor] Another potential way to save money in Azure … is by redesigning the architecture of your application … to take advantage of other Azure compute offerings. … One of the simplest ways of migrating an application … into Azure is just to create a set of virtual machines … similar to your existing application hosting. … This is sometimes called the lift and shift migration. … Often you do not have to even have to change a line of code, … you just copy the files and folders … and update the connection strings as appropriate. … You will likely save money over your current hosting costs … just because of the economies of scale. … Microsoft can procure and operate servers … at a lower cost than any of us can. … Their efficiency at that scale can not easily be matched. … So a four CPU server running in a data center … will likely be more expensive for you to run … compared to an Azure virtual machine, … comparing apples to apples. … But cloud computing is so vast … and provides so many opportunities …
- Azure compute options
- Regions and availability zones
- Advantages of cloud computing
- Azure virtual machines
- Virtual machine scale sets
- Functions and logic apps
- Reserved instances and hybrid option
- Dev/Test licensing
- High-performance compute
Skill Level Advanced
Azure Administration: Manage Identitieswith Sharon Bennett1h 15m Intermediate
What you should know1m 46s
1. Azure Compute Basics
2. Computing Options
3. Managing Costs
4. High Performance Compute
5. Management Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.