- In order to collect Log information,…you must install the Microsoft Monitoring Agent or MMA…on Windows or Linux computers.…For Windows and Linux virtual machines already deployed…in Azure, you install the MMA with the…Log Analytics VM Extension.…Using the extension simplifies the installation process…and automatically configures the agent to send data…to the Log Analytics workspace that you specify.…The agent is also upgraded automatically ensuring…that you have the latest features and fixes.…
You can collect data from your physical or virtual…Windows computers and other resources in your environment…by installing the MMA on them directly…through the MMASetup-.exe program.…Before installing the Microsoft Monitoring Agents…for Windows, you need the Workspace ID and Primary Key…for your Log Analytics workspace.…This information is required by the Setup Wizard…to properly configure the agent and ensure it can…successfully communicate with Log Analytics.…
As previously stated, when you sign up for Log Analytics,…
AuthorDavid M. Franklyn
- What is Operations Management Suite (OMS)?
- Deploying and configuring OMS
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Analyzing Log Analytics data
- Using OMS to monitor an on-premises environment
- Identifying critical updates
- IT Service Management Connector
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)?
2. Deploy and Configure OMS
3. Collect and Analyze Data
4. Use OMS to Monitor an On-Premises Environment
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.