- Azure subscriptions
- Why costs can be higher than forecast
- Where to find billing and resource costs
- Using resource groups and tags
- Different storage options
- Storage accounts, virtual machines, and app services
- Educating stakeholders and administrators about managing costs
- Using resource policies to control spending sprawl
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Chris] Many people assume that moving to the cloud will deliver cost savings. Whilst this should be your goal, this is necessarily the case in reality and many organizations fall into the trap of spending more money in the cloud than they anticipated. This course will show you how to manage your costs more efficiently and be on top of the resources you're deploying in Azure so you can better predict your costs going forwards. We will take a look at managing typical Azure services such as storage, networking, and virtual machines. Then, we'll take a look at tools to better manage the costs that your subscription incurs.
Finally, we'll take a look at some examples of cost optimization through case study examples where you can see how to apply some of the skills you learned across the course into solutions to gain better value for money from your Azure subscription, and truly allow the cloud to drive savings for your organization. Hi and welcome to Azure cost optimization. I'm Chris Rhodes, let's get started.