Join David Elfassy for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing Azure by using the TWO portals, part of Understanding Microsoft Azure Core Functionalities.
- We know there are two management portals…that we can use for Azure.…The Azure Management Portal and the Azure Preview Portal.…I'm gonna focus in this video on the differences…between the two and maybe you'll be able to determine…which one you should use,…depending on what management tasks you wanna perform.…There's no question that the Azure Management Portal,…or the one you're looking at right now,…is a portal that has been there…since the inception of Azure.…That has been updated along the way.…New features are added periodically…to the portals to be able to manage additional objects…that are also being exposed through Azure.…
However, this portal does have some limitations.…The limitations are essentially in the breadth…of the functionalities that it can perform.…There is no limitation at this point…in terms of which objects it can perform.…In actuality all objects in Azure can be managed…from the Azure Management Portal.…The same cannot be said of the Preview Portal.…The Preview Portal cannot currently manage…
- Understanding Azure subscriptions
- Managing Azure with portals and PowerShell
- Configuring Azure web apps
- Deploying virtual machines
- Configuring virtual machines for high availability
- Managing Azure Active Directory
- Creating Azure virtual networks
- Implementing a VPN
- Performing Azure backups
Skill Level Intermediate
Virtualization Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry2h 51m Beginner
Administration for Cloud-Based Office 365with David Elfassy2h 32m Intermediate
Up and Running with Azure Mobile Serviceswith David Isbitski2h 17m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with Microsoft Azure
2. Microsoft Azure Services
3. Microsoft Azure Networking
4. Managing Azure Resources
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.