In this video, learn about natural language recognition and the Language Understanding Intelligent Service (LUIS).
- [Narrator] Now the language services inside of Microsoft…Cog Services has got a lot of exciting capabilities.…But perhaps one of the most exciting capability is LUIS,…Language Understanding Intelligent Service.…So when I'm talking to you and I say,…'I'm talking to you,' or 'I'm chatting with you,'…well, they're the same, and you understand that because…you understand natural language.…Historically, computers haven't understood natural language.…But now they do.…So there are three concepts you need to understand…about LUIS before we dive into code.…
Number one is intent:…an action that the user wishes to perform.…An utterance, text import.…This is exactly what the user said.…And the third is entities, things that you can glean…out of the utterance.…Let's see an example.…Utterance: 'LUIS, turn the lights on.' That's an utterance.…So the intent here is 'turn lights on.'…But perhaps the user could also say,…'Turn the backyard lights on.'…Well, that is also turning lights on.…
But, in that case, you may have more than one intent…
- Exploring the possibilities of the Vision API
- Submitting an image to the Vision API for processing
- Asking the Vision API to recognize faces
- Working with the Speech API
- Writing speech-to-text code
- Working with the Language API
- Getting languages for translation
- Language Understanding (LUIS) concepts
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 2with Scott Peterson50m 17s Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Design Advanced Applicationswith Sharon Bennett1h 28m Intermediate
1. The Vision API
2. The Speech API
3. The Language API
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.