Explore the theory of major topics such as a LUIS app, natural language basics, intents, entities, utterances, and examples.
- [Instructor] LUIS, Language Understanding…Intelligent Service.…Let's talk about that next.…What is LUIS?…It is a service that allows your application…to understand what the user wants, in their own words.…We've been used to giving commands to a computer,…but as humans, we've had to learn computer speak.…Wouldn't it be nice if computers…could understand natural language?…So, if I said, purchase a stock or buy a stock,…isn't that the same thing?…It uses machine learning…and it accepts natural language as input.…
In short, it helps your programs extract meaning out…of natural language, something we humans are so used to.…It all starts by creating a LUIS model.…The tighter that your model is,…the better your natural language recognition should be.…Now, I'm going to say a phrase…and in your mind, think about what I'm saying.…Ready?…Recognize speech.…What did I just say?…Do you think I said recognize speech…or did I say wreak a nice beach?…See, the thing is, because we were in the domain…of natural language speech recognition,…
- Text Analytics API
- Detecting language using text analytics
- Detecting key phrases and sentiment
- Bing Spell Check API
- Translator Text API
- Writing code for translating between languages
- Performing text-to-speech
- Language Understanding (LUIS)
- Writing code to create a LUIS app
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developerswith Sahil Malik1h 42m Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developers: 1 Visionwith Sahil Malik2h 35m Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. Text Analytics API
3. Bing Spell Check API
4. Translator Text API
6. LUIS Authoring APIs
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.