Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video Inverted index, part of Azure Search for Developers.
- [Instructor] Inverted index is an important concept.…Any time we talk about a search engine,…we cannot just ignore inverted index.…Now what's an inverted index?…We all have read books,…and anytime we read a book, if you notice,…pretty much every book has an index…towards the end of it.…And how does that index work?…For example, we're looking for a word,…and the word happens to be "electronics."…If I were to go back to the index,…it tells me that the word "electronics"…is used in page number six,…page number 24, and page number 40,…and this makes my life, as a reader, very simple.…
'Cause I'll I have to do is now go to those three pages,…and remember what I was reading at some point of time.…Even if I read the book six months later,…one year later, all I have to do…is remember what I was reading,…go the index, and now get to the exact page where I was.…Now that same concept is used in case of search engines.…And the way it works is,…we take the data we need to index,…and then create an inverted index out of it.…
- Querying and indexing
- Creating a search service
- Using APIs during searching
- Importing JSON data
- Handling synonyms
- Working with suggestors and facets
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Azure Mobile Serviceswith David Isbitski2h 17m Intermediate
1. Search Fundamentals
2. Azure Search
3. CRUD Operations
4. Advanced Search Functionality
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.