Learn how to develop immersive mixed reality applications using Unity.
- Hi, and welcome to N-Squared, where we are putting together a series of training courses to teach you how to build great mixed reality applications for the new immersive headsets. I'm Neil, I work here at N-Squared, and I'm joined by Stefano. - Hello. - And Stefano is one of our lead developers in the mixed reality space. So today we're going to start the training course by really creating an introduction to what is mixed reality, what are the options that you have as you're developing for mixed reality, and what can you do.
So, this course is designed to teach you how to start building your first application in mixed reality. We are gonna use a set of tools provided by Unity, we're gonna teach you a little bit of design and how to think about the models that you're bringing to your mixed reality world. We'll talk about the use of interface components that we're gonna pull in. We'll talk about how to bring your Unity project into Visual Studio, and deploy it, deploy the project to your headset for testing.
We'll talk about some aspects of how you can build your application so that it can work on different types of headsets or different types of environments too, cross-platform development. What else we gonna talk about? - [Stefano] We're gonna talk about how to optimize your application. - [Neil] Yeah. - Make sure that it can leverage your machine's specifications as much as possible, how to optimize graphics, we're gonna go through how to create a simple 3D model, how to import it to your application, and see it in the scene that we'll create together through the mixed reality headset.
- Yeah, since quite a few different topics that we're gonna have to cover, I'm gonna have to jump between different tools, as we go through this series of training courses, so we don't know that you're necessarily gonna have all the skills you need for all of those tools, and we're not gonna make it a point to this course to teach you how to use those tools from scratch. There's plenty of other courses available online, to teach you how to get started in Unity, how to get started in C Sharp development, how to get started building models and mire for example.
The point of this course is really how to pull those skills together to create a rich mixed reality application. - That is so.
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.