Get a basic introduction to the speech part of Microsoft Cognitive Services. This video discusses various capabilities that are covered in this course.
- [Instructor] Next let's talk about Microsoft Cognitive Services, Language We communicate with each other in so many different ways. Printed medium, spoken, but in all of those mediums we are talking to each other in a language. Right now I'm talking in English with you. The challenge of course is not everyone understands each language. This may cause confusion, communication gaps, awkward situations and sometimes maybe even dangerous situations.
Microsoft Cognitive Services, the language portion, allows you to detect sentiment. You submit a sentence and Cognitive Services will rank it based on positive or negative will give you a score. It also lets you detect the language being spoken. Yes, you can simply submit a phrase and cognitive services will tell you what language that phrase is being spoken in. Imagine the power of that when you pit it with other Cognitive Services APIs where you can detect the language and then translate it to a language that you understand.
Microsoft Cognitive Services also lets you detect key phrases. So when you submit any text, it'll detect key phrases out of it and it'll let you come to the meaning of that very quickly. Among other capabilities it'll also help you correct spelling and grammar mistakes. Now you may be wondering that you had this capability in programs such as Microsoft Word and others for many years now. However, the quality of the correction powered by AI in the cloud is a lot, lot better than what you're used to in an offline program such as Microsoft Word.
I'll show you how to do this and you can be the judge of that yourself. Microsoft Cognitive Services also lets you translate between different languages. So yes, imagine the power of that. Detecting the language that it hears and then translate it to the one you wish. And perhaps one of the most amazing capabilities of Microsoft Cognitive Services is that it will allow your programs to understand natural language.
Surely there are other examples of that currently in the world we're living in. Cortana, Siri, Alexa all of these understand natural language. But imagine if you had that capability in your programs, in the domain that you are concerned with. It truly takes user friendliness to another level. Certainly there are best practices on how to design all of that. And I'll be talking about that in this course. And there are so many other possibilities.
Let's together learn, Microsoft Cognitive Services Language.
- Text Analytics API
- Detecting language using text analytics
- Detecting key phrases and sentiment
- Bing Spell Check API
- Translator Text API
- Writing code for translating between languages
- Performing text-to-speech
- Language Understanding (LUIS)
- Writing code to create a LUIS app