In this video, explore a brief introduction to the importance of speech and sound when developing an MR application.
- And welcome back to the nsquared Mixed Reality training.…And today I'm joined by Elliot.…Hi Elliot. - Hi Doctor Neil how are you?…- I'm good, yeah. Thanks for joining us.…So you been working on Mixed Reality…and actually started working on…some hollow-lens stuff a couple of years ago.…- Yep. - Which is pretty exciting.…You've been in an very early stage,…and working with us on building some of…these apps out and now you're looking at…doing things on the immersive headsets as well.…- Yeah. - So one thing's that…you picked up very early on in hollow-lens development…in Mixed Reality development was using voice as a command.…
Because gestures are quite hard,…there's no keyboard, there's no mouse,…we're changing they way that we interact…with stuff in the world of virtual stuff.…And you started using voice quite early on,…so today we're gonna talk about speech and audio,…so we're talking about talking,…and how we can use voice commands…to enable you to control or your customers to control…their environmental behaviors within their environment.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.