Building a well-optimized application for mixed reality is not an easy task. In this video, explore the procedures and tools that help achieve great performance results.
- Welcome back to nsquared…and the mixed reality training course.…Hopefully, you've been watching…some of the previous episodes and got going…building your mixed reality application…and starting to play around with some…of the ideas that we've given you.…Today, I'm joined by Elliot, again.…Welcome, Elliot.…- Thank you for having me again.…- We're going to talk about optimization and debugging,…which is a pretty big topic. - Yeah.…- We're not going to cover everything,…but we can get you started and hopefully get you going…trying to identify where issues are,…where problems can be found and how to solve them,…and how to find them, as well,…which is often a big challenge, as well,…and I guess the first thing to say…is that performance issues are not,…you know, unique to mixed reality.…
Mixed reality makes life a little harder for us…in that we really have to target…this much higher frame rate in order to prevent…people feeling nauseous - Nauseous, yeah.…- Or to get that fluid, real, realistic world view,…you need that high frame rate. - Yeah.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.