In this video, get a brief introduction on how to design models for mixed reality applications and an introduction to the software used in the next tutorials.
- Hi and welcome back…to nsquared and the mixed reality training…and in this episode I'm joined by Christina.…Welcome Christina.…And we're gonna talk about designing…our models and how we optimize our models…so they work great in a mixed reality environment.…- Yes, we are.…- So, let's start by talking about what software…we need to make this work.…So, we're gonna look at three pieces of software…in this episode.…
We're gonna look at Paint 3D…which is a free application…in Windows 10 Creators Fall Update,…Autodesk Maya and Crazy Bump.…- Yes, we are.…So, we're going to be looking at Paint 3D,…so we can create basic models…that we can quickly implement…into our MR world.…We'll going more in depth with Autodesk Maya…and looking at topology and how you can really optimize…a 3D object to perform better in a mixed reality world.…
We'll also be looking at how we can fake detail…so we don't have to model it…with applications such as Crazy Bump.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.