What is conditional compilation? This is a must-know if you plan to develop your application to work across multiple platforms.
- Hi, and welcome back to the mixed reality training course,…and I'm joined again by Stefano.…- Hello.…- Hi, how are you doing?…- Very well, how are you?…- Very good, very good.…And today we're gonna talk about conditional compilation,…and why we should care about conditional compilation.…This is really about building our mixed reality application,…either porting it from another virtual reality application,…or building it from scratch so that…it can work on multiple platforms.…
- Yes.…- So, conditional compilation is a tool,…it's nothing specific to mixed reality,…it's a tool in most compilers have it,…Visual Studio uses it in a way to…direct the compiler, the C# compiler in our case,…to follow which path of code based on a set of flags…that are set in the settings of the project.…And so you can say, I'm gonna have the same code base,…but when I set this flag for the project,…I want it to compile using this code,…and when I set this flag, compile using this code.…
So it lets us have a single code base…that can produce depending on the compilation output,…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.