Get an introduction to the Speech API, what possibilities it brings to your applications, and its importance within Microsoft COG services.
- [Instructor] Next, let's talk about the speech API.…The speech API is a co-pillar…of Microsoft Cognitive Services.…Why?…Well, from the very get-go speech has been the most…natural way we have been able to communicate.…Even before written text, we learned how to talk first.…We talk to our pets and we've always dreamt…of being able to talk to our computers.…This has been the work of science-fiction, movies,…that we want to be able to talk to our computer…and the computer responds accordingly.…
So naturally the Microsoft Cog Services…has given a lot of attention to speech.…What are the kinds of things you can do with the speech API?…You can do things like, speech-to-text and text-to-speech.…Really, you just talk to the computer and submit the audio…as one of many formats and the speech API will try and…recognize it, and return you back text.…Or you can submit text along with…what audio format you want in return,…and you'll get a computer voice reading out the text.…
You can also recognize the speaker.…Remember when you were a child,…
- Exploring the possibilities of the Vision API
- Submitting an image to the Vision API for processing
- Asking the Vision API to recognize faces
- Working with the Speech API
- Writing speech-to-text code
- Working with the Language API
- Getting languages for translation
- Language Understanding (LUIS) concepts
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 2with Scott Peterson50m 17s Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Design Advanced Applicationswith Sharon Bennett1h 28m Intermediate
1. The Vision API
2. The Speech API
3. The Language API
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.