Language Understanding Intelligent Service (LUIS) is a Microsoft service for “adding conversational intelligence to your apps.” Learn what LUIS is and how to leverage it in bots.
- [Instructor] Now you may have noticed throughout…this session we've been essentially hard coding what we…think a user might say and have it been adapting our code…to those very specific hard coded scenarios.…For example if a user says, tell me a fact,…then we perform some logic and then kick them off…into a dialog or into some sort of a form flow.…But realistically we need to understand more of what…a user intends by his language.…This is where LUIS or Microsoft's language…understanding intelligence service comes into play.…
'Cause we really just need to understand what…the user wants to do.…We don't need to try and figure out all the variations.…Luckily LUIS exposes all of this type of machine…and intelligence services in cognitive understanding for us.…This is what Cortana uses on the backend for…language and sematic interpretations.…There's a lot of cool features of LUIS and really…most of understanding what LUIS can offer outside…of the scope of this session,…but we're going to show how we can integrate…
- Recall the concept of a connector.
- Apply appropriate commands to create a dialog using FormFlow.
- Name the service that Cortana uses for language and semantic interpretations.
- Explain how a user can exchange messages with a bot.
- List three platforms where the services and features of Cortana are available.