While Azure Backup Server is free, there are several prerequisites to making sure it runs properly. Learn about the role of Active Directory and SQL Server and the necessary steps to prepare your environment for Azure Backup Server.
- [Instructor] Now before we can get rolling…with the Azure Backup Server,…we have to talk about some of the installation requirements,…and some of the work we have to do under the hood…to make sure that this server installs properly.…Now the good thing about the installation process,…as we'll see in another module,…it will block you if you don't meet these requirements.…It's going to do a lot of checks…as we go through the actual installation.,…but here's some just basics that we have to know…before you actually install this wonderful little server.…Remember, this server's free,…but there are some things you want to take care of.…First off, it does require an operating system,…it is an applications server.…That server can run on prem,…or it can be inside of an Azure virtual machine,…which is really nice if you do have a virtual machine…environment inside of Azure, you can use this tool…to help protect that environment and protect…the data on those servers as well.…
Depending on whether you run it on prem…or in Azure there are some minimum requirements…
- Examining platform choices
- Creating the Recovery Services vault
- Installing the agent
- Configuring the agent
- Installing Azure Backup Server
- Configuring Azure Backup Server
- Testing failover
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Security Concepts (2016)with David Elfassy1h 50m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Networking Concepts (2016)with David Elfassy1h 47m Intermediate
1. Azure Overview
2. Business Continuity Overview
3. Azure Backup
4. Azure Backup Server
5. Azure Site Recovery
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.