High level overview of the various options we have when considering tools for this area. We discuss the differences between ARM Templates, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible and when to use them.
- [Narrator] We've talked about … the importance of IAC for our devop setup. … Now we're going to investigate a few … technologies available to us in Azure … and how they help in our IAC journey. … Let's begin by looking at Azure … Resource Management or ARM Templates. … It's a process through which we can produce … repeatable infrastructure deployments. … ARM Templates have a declarative syntax … and a JSON based notation. … We're only concerned about providing the end state. … When we deploy templates, Azure Resource Manager … will review the difference between … our desired state and the current state. … And provision those necessary resources. … By taking the time to do this, … we're able to repeat our results … and guarantee the environment. … Now it wouldn't be a complete solution … if we didn't address governance, risk and compliance. … We're able to do this through Azure Blueprints, … which is made up of ARM Templates, … role-based access controls or RBACs and Azure policies. …
AuthorGurinder Singh Mann
- Developing an infrastructure strategy
- Managing technical debt
- Managing Amazon Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Deploying applications on AKS
- Scaling your Kubernetes clusters
- Implementing infrastructure as code
- Deploying Azure resources via Terraform
- Implementing security and compliance
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure for DevOps: Dependency Managementwith Gurinder Singh Mann47m 5s Intermediate
Who is this course for?1m 4s
1. Infrastructure and Configuration Management
2. Manage Kubernetes Service
3. Implementing Infrastructure as Code
4. Implement Security and Compliance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.