Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Implementing tags and policies, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] So let's look at our subscription.…Inside the Azure portal, go ahead to portal.azure.com,…you can see where the subscriptions are…on the left-hand side by hovering over…and clicking on Subscription.…This takes you to where all the subscriptions are.…If you have multiple then they would be listed.…You can also get to it on the Dashboard…since it's in my Recent list, so I can open that up.…When you open up and look at the subscription,…you're going to find that it has a good overview…of information about the current…subscription we're working with.…This one is a trial which expires at a given point in time…and I've got all the essential information.…
But if I want to, I can change the name of it,…I can move it to a different directory,…I can even cancel the subscription if I wanted to.…Below that, we've got some costing information.…This is nice to know how much we're spending.…This being a free trial, I want to make sure that I'm not…going to go through those resource costs too quickly.…If you want more detail, you can click on the chart…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage